Was flying from Bangalore to Cairo via Abu Dhabi on the 28th Dec 13.The flight went late by 3 hrs due to fog and my connecting flight too was delayed and hence I went to the assigned gate, after waiting in line for 45 min I was told I am offloaded from the flight for the reason of delayed incoming flight!

There was no communication on this whatsoever when I landed. Then I was made to stand in a que for exactly 2 hrs 40 minutes (the que had around 25 guests when I joined). After repeated request they managed to put me in a later flight making me miss the whole days work scheduled at Cairo. I was retuning back on the 31st morning on the same route.

Everything was fine till Abu Dhabi. The connecting flight was delayed by more than 2.30 minutes. I was made to wait in a dep hall which had no seats for passengers to sit. After standing there for 2.30 minutes and when I was about to board I was told am offloaded!

When I asked for the reason the rude and ugly officer tells me I have cancelled my ticket and taken back money! I asked him how is it possible when am on a single ticket and I have already done one sector from Cairo - Abu Dhabi, he said thats not my problem go to Etihad and talk to them because I am from Jet Airways. I expected the same situation of Q at the Etihad service desks and I requested a senior officer to somehow help me and put me on the same flight. She showed me her computer and told me that it is 100% full and no seats are available.

After standing there for 20 minutes someone shouts 'hey we have issues 2 boarding pass to a passenger and we have to cancel one! They promptly issued a new boarding pass to me and sent me to the aircraft. I was thanking the lady officer and went to see that the aircraft was not full and the seat next to me itself was empty! Etihad takes passengers for a cool ride since the tickets are sold in advance and passengers are at its mercy they think they can treat the passenger the way they want.

I have never seen an unprofessional airline or the rude staff like this one.

I wish to take this complaint to the authorities who can penalise this airline.No one should use this airline ever.

This person wrote the review because of not as described at Etihad Airways. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $10000 and wants Etihad Airways to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Etihad Airways and etihad airways flight for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Etihad Airways?

Comments

KG2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States #997069

I am frequent international business traveller. Etihad is without a question the WORST airline for business class international travel.

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there,

We are really sorry to hear about your frustration.In order to look into your issue, can you please email us your feedback and booking reference on socialmedia@etihad.ae so we can look into it accordingly.

Thank you.*JS