Knowing the heavy traffic in Kolkata, I did an online checking before my flight, "just in case" as I do everytime.

And this day it happened, we stayed stuck 4h in the traffic.

With my boarding card in hand, I took my small bag and ran to the airport (in rain and mud...)

When I arrived the counter was closed, but still 50min before the ***.

Infortunately Etihad crew didn't let me in, saying that I have to go to the counter. But why? I have a boarding card, my seat is on my name, and no luggage to drop in the plane... No sir, it's Kolkata airport rule...

I am ok with rules, as long as you tell it in advance (that the online checkin is absolutely useless)

under wich law is Etihad airlines? In France the company has an obligation to inform its customer.

I am very upset about losing this flight, empty airport, nobody to let me in, it's scandalous

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with reply to mails and stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of information at online checkin and mail hard to find. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "lack of information" of etihad airways customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Etihad Airways needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned etihad airways customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Etihad Airways.

Had an Experience with Etihad Airways?

Comments