Please do your self a favor and steer away from ETIHAD.Flight 130 departing from dulles airport was scheduled to leave at 22:10.

The Check-in counter started around 18:30. I had my boarding pass printed and ready to drop off my luggage. Then this weird third world check point for verifying the dimension and weight of carry on luggage is backlogging passengers, shortly after the line swole to over 300 feet. It took me an hour and half to reach the check point, though i was only 20 yards away from It.

The guy at the check point weighed my carry on and told me it is 8 kilos sir, you have to *** a kilo, i replied the carry on have my medecines and my knee cast, he asked me to show them to him, i opened my luggage, i showed him the medecines and the knee cast, then insolently asked me to show him a written prescription, i told him a what? We are in America doctors prescribe medecines and wire it directly to the pharmacy of interest, even if he gives a prescription it becomes the property of the pharmacy dispensing the medecine. The medecine itslef is bearing my name, address and prescribing doctors should not that be an enough proof. I asked him to show me the written luggage policy clauses that stipulates the need of a written prescription for my medecines, he was not able to provide it and ask me not to hold the line.

Then i called for a supervisor that summons him away and the whole line was on hold.

After two hours in line, i finally reached the online check in counter, guess what the whole check in process is reiterated, from weighing the luggage to printing the boarding pass.what a waste of energy and time.

Review about: Etihad Airways Baggage Policy.

Had an Experience with Etihad Airways?

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hello, please send your details including booking reference to SocialMedia@etihad.ae. We will look into this for you. *Ela