This is what i send to their corps and got an answer we will look into it. I guess they are still looking into it from last year.

Feedback: Greeting, this is with regret I have to inform you all that my family (45 members total as I am the head of the family) will never fly with Etihad airlines in future. I bought a ticket on Aug 25, 2012 to visit an ailing uncle (like my father as he raised us) in India and was supposed to leave on the 3th of September. Things went south with his health on the 1st of September and I had to rush to the O’Hare to may be catch his last breath. Your staff at Chicago O’Hare had me waiting on side for 2 hours before asking me for documents to prove his death. After repeated request and showing communication with people in India they wanted to charge me $550 to change the flight one way. At this point, I went to another airline and bought the ticket on spot which turns out to be much cheaper and they accommodated me with a free upgrade. I was stun and disappointed as there was no compassion shown by Etihad staff, including the manager. I am sure you may have quite a bit of business and may be the reason behind the arrogance but you will never have us as passengers ever. By the way, my uncle passed away 2 day after I got there. Regards

Your travel details

Flight Number (e.g. EY 256): EYEY 150

Flight date: 03/09/2015

Travel class: Economy

From: Please type or select

To: Please type or select

Booking reference: FJUVKS

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of etihad airways customer care. Etihad Airways needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned etihad airways customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Etihad Airways.

Had an Experience with Etihad Airways?

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Dear Guest,

We regret to hear about your bad experience.

Please share with us all the details along with your ticket number at socialmedia@etihad.ae and we will be able to lodge a formal complaint for you.

We thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,