Featured Not resolved
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

My wife and I travelled from New York to Johannesburg with a layover in Abu Dhabi mid Feb. We checked in our luggage at JFK airport and only got it back in Johannesburg. We were shocked to see the state that our one suitcase was in. The front pocket was torn open, the wheels were damaged out of proportion and the ‘pulling handle was broken off and missing.

I reported it to Etihad baggage query counter at O.R. Tambo airport and the consultant told me that they cannot really do anything about damaged baggage (WHY ARE THEY THERE???). She then gave me an email address to send a complaint to with some photos of the damages and my boarding pass. I sent the email the very next morning, its more than a week and I still haven’t received any feedback. In the meantime I’ve tried to contact Etihad’s baggage contact numbers but either cannot get through or they tell me that Veddy is going to get back to me, I’ve heard nothing. I’ve contacted Veddy this morning, 8 days after I sent the mail, it was an unclear line and she just put the phone down in my ear.

I’m not sure who carries the responsibility for handling the baggage but this has been poor from Etihad’s side.

For my first time flying with Etihad, I was really impressed up until this point, but this service has now just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I hope there’s anyone out there that can help me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etihad Airways Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Comfortable aircraft, Inflight service, Meals.

I didn't like: Damaged baggage, Lack of feedback and communication, Long lay-overs with no complementary hotel.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the damage of your bag. You can send the claim with the photos to our email address baggageclaims@etihad.ae If you have done that already our team will look into the case and get back to you.

You can also send us your email address in a private message on our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) so that we can follow up for you. *Marc

to EtihadHelp #1442797

Hi Marc,Thanks for your reply. I forwarded my details and pics to the address you provided.Regards

to EtihadHelp #1461006

Hi there,Still no feedback after a more than a month. This is very bad.!Regards