Additional Fees

Booking reference: GWBKZK I have made a reservation for my family of 4 with Etihad last week. When I received the confirmation I realized that there is a typo of one letter I ( instead of U , which is next to letter I in computer key board).

I called customer service and hang up since it is taking time on that day. I called customer service today and they charged $200 for one letter change in the family names. I never seen a name change fee or had to deal with it in last 15 years of flying. When Airlines shout so much with bold letters about fee on baggage or ticket change ..why the *** not even a statement anywhere about rip-off hidden fee on name typo correction .

I would have waited another 4 hours with customer service to correct the one letter on the same day if I would know about these fee, I will be happy to pay the fee for my mistake on travel dates or something like that. Not like these one letter typo in name. Whats the difference in buying ticket directly with Etihad? when we don't even have a privilege to correct small things like these?

List all BS hidden fee details on ticket confirmation, not in somewhere FAQs. regret to book and fly with Etihad.

Review about: Etihad Airways Flight Booking.

Reason of review: A letter change in family name.

Comments

Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there, this doesn't sound ideal. The name on your ticket has to be exactly the same as in your passport, hence the name change was required.

Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there, we're sorry to learn about this. The name on your ticket has to be exactly the same as on your passport, hence the name change was required.

We certainly understand your frustration, however this is as per our booking policy. If you would like to lodge an official complaint, please share your feedback with us on our website under the tap "About us - Contact us - Feedback". After submitting the form a case will be created for you and a case officer will get back to you as soon as possible.

Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi, the name on the ticket has to be exactly the same as in your passport, hence the name change was required. We certainly understand your frustration, however this is per our booking policies.