Resolved
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Update by user Jan 04

I received my bag yesterday. I spent hours trying an international call to Abu Dhabi for Luggage and never got through and never got an email from JFK baggage services that they found my bag. It would be great if Etihad could keep the customers informed about their baggage so that they don't need to go through sleepless nights.

Original review posted by user Dec 31, 2018

I have the worst experience with Etihad airways. Etihad lost my baggage and gave me a number to call JFK Etihad baggage services.

I have been calling the given number for 7 days and no body picks up. I called the customer service every day and no one has even tried to do anything. All the customer service people tell me to wait and one person told that they are emailing the baggage services but they are not getting any response back.

My baggage has jewellery and urgent medication for me which is required for every day well being. I cannot refill as my insurance is not allowing me to refill until the current one is completed which is weeks away and I have suffer through really bad health and vacation days at office as I cannot sit long enough without my medication, all of this because Etihad lost my baggage.

How bad are your workers that they do not pick up phone which they are supposed to and do no respond to your internal emails. which are sent by customer service. How can you lose a baggage and not know where it is when the baggages have tags and the tags are scanned at all the places.

I am so fed up and have decided to never travel with Etihad no matter how cheap the tickets are and will make sure that I will share my experience in my company of 1000 employees so no body has to go through what I have been.

This has been the worst experience I have had with any airways till date.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etihad Airways Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Baggage Lost.

I didn't like: Services and treatment towards customers or its passinger, Lost luggage, Inability of etihad to track the luggage, Seriousness provided to the issue by etihad.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hello, we are sorry to hear that your baggage got lost. Please send us your baggage reference (PIR) number and we will follow up with our team where your baggage is.

Thank you. *Marc

to EtihadHelp #1623143

HI Marc, Here are my details: Flight Number: EY 101 Baggage Tag Number: 3607EY114682 E-Ticket Number: 6072136333476-1 PNR Number: QUWDRL When I did not get the luggage on December 24th, I went to the Etihad baggage service desk and they said their systems are down and asked me to fill out paperwork about the baggage. I filled out and gave it to them and they said they will enter in the system and did not give any PIR number and said we can track by the Baggage Tag Number. Thanks, Suresh