Castle Hill, New South Wales

Booked and paid return airfares Sydney to Amsterdam 12 months ahead.Had to reschedule return flights by 4 days due to my wife becoming ill and admitted to hospital in Sweden.

As she was still in hospital when we were supposed to fly out the airline was contacted and advised of our position. Once she was released we rescheduled and we're charged $5400 extra to return. Wrote to Etihad included proof of illness, hospital reports etc. Etihad offered refund $400 rescheduling fee.

I'm sure our original flight seats would have been refilled so Etihad would not have lost money. Absolutely no regard for their passengers.

I don't know what else I can do except try and pay off bank card debt I now have.Travel insurance still considering our claim however this is a matter of principle for us.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy of etihad airways customer care from Etihad Airways. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Etihad Airways to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Etihad Airways for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Etihad Airways?

Comments

EtihadHelp
#1221950
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Dear Guest,

We regret to hear that you haven't had a great experience and we would like to know more about it. Please share all the details with us along with your ticket number at socialmedia@etihad.ae

and we will be able to lodge a formal complaint for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your feedback.

Yours sincerely,