Im an Etihad Gold member# 100040018131, I had yesterday a very bad experience with Etihad Guest relation at Abu Dhabi airprt and I want to issue an official complaint. I have booked a ticket Abu Dhabi - London, Ref: ZWYJRF via tripair, as you see attached, the name booked is Saly Lamie matching my passport spelling, however when I was checking in the Business Counters at the airport the Lady on the desk started telling me that my ticket has a different name than mine, and it shows on Etihad ticket is has an additional "L" (Sally instead of Saly), I showed her my ticket confirmation email that it shows the correct name but she insisted I have to pay change name fee or else the ticket is invalid!

I asked her to call the manager as I can see she wants nothing but me to pay, it seems the officers get commission on such fees, as she didnt care to listen to my explanation and just wanted me to pay! When the manager came I asked him to check if they can waive the fee considering im an Etihad Gold, he strongly refused and Told me you dont have any other choice but to pay the full amount of the change name fee, he didnt try to help or fix anything which is his main task. I went to pay, the amount was AED 610 (almost 25% of the actual ticket value!!), and this process took 45 min! I'm a loyal Gold guest, who uses Etihad airline on personal and business trip, I travel almost every 4 weeks, Etihad is not the cheapest airlines yet I use it for the quality, but if you cant maintain the quality, and the service will be below average and unprofessional, then I better go to a different airline.

Please add that when I asked the lady and her Manager to give me their names for complaint they refused and when I insisted, they just gave me their first name then hidded the last name as attached, I decided I won't leave the desk unless I get their full names because that's my right. Their names are: 1- Leslie Agatep 2- Bryan Roldan Im requesting the following: *A refund of the change name fee I paid, AED 610. Receipt Attached. *Compensation of the bad treatment and delay caused that I was about to miss my flight.

*Evaluation of the employees above, as having such a low quality will cause nothing but losing more guests.

Appreciate your prompt action and update. Thanks, Sally Lamie

Product or Service Mentioned: Etihad Airways Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 2 public responses to the review from Feb 12.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi Sally, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Please send us the details of the case again along with the pictures of your ticket which shows the name as you as stated to feedback@etihad.ae We will investigate the case and our officer will then get back to you. *Marc

to EtihadHelp #1434738

Dear Marc,

Since August 2017, I have remained patient waiting for ETIHAD to swallow some pride and eventfully stop covering up a very terrible experience.

My wife and witnessed and also experienced first hand racial discrimination.

Many of your colleague have encouraged me to keep voicing my concerns for the cover up actions rather than facing the truth and dealing with it.

Etihad staff keep encouraging me to follow this as they also have witnessed such racial behaviour.

Worse though is how senior personnel in Etihad Abu Dhabi feedback keep trying to cover this up. I had Etihad Sydney Corporate office involved and they've also blocked me now..

I'm calling for help..

for the sake of the ETIHAD brand.. and sake of truth and justice.

EtihadHelp
to Anonymous #1434750
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there,

Do you already have a case reference number?

Thanks,