Update by user Aug 23

Etihad team reached out to me to provide details. I provided all the details.

No response after that (even after 3 follow-ups). Just a waste of time.

Their customer service is not going to improve. Thanks, Ram.

Original review posted by user Jul 23

Dear Etihad Airways Customer Relation Department,

Recently, I had the worst experience while traveling on American Airlines issued Ticket but check-in with Etihad Airways at HYD airport.

My ticket is issued by American Airlines and clearly mentions that the second baggage is 100 USD. I was ready to pay $100 USD and planned my baggage accordingly. However, after reaching the Etihad Airlines check-in desk with my ticket, the agent got into an argument and did not allow me to check-in my second baggage and demanded $320 USD (instead of the $100 USD that was mentioned on my ticket, issued by American Airlines). I could not throw the luggage at the trash can in HYD airport with valuables, that too having spent time to make the purchases and to pack the bags, and ended up paying $320 USD.

There are no other issues in terms of weight or dimensions of the baggage (my second bag was only 19 kgs against the allowed 23 kgs). The receipt provided by the Etihad clearly mentions the description as “extra PC”.

Once the ticket is issued by your partner airline American Airlines, no matter what, Etihad airways & American airlines are supposed to coordinate in a seamless way rather than troubling the travelers that too at an international destination. Completely careless attitude by etihad airways towards passengers.

I am writing to request Etihad Airlines to refund my money (for the excess fee of $320-$100 = $220 USD that was charged) as well as to compensate for the inconvenience that I had to deal with Etihad Airways.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Absolutely bad experience.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hello, we are sorry to hear that. Please send us all details of this case along with your tickets and booking reference to feedback@etihad.ae so that our team can look into your case and get back to you.

Thank you. *Marc