INHUMAN STAFF: This was my WORST EXPERIENCE that I’ve had with any airline. I have never come across such rude and inhuman staff ever!

On 20th December, I had to board a flight at 9:05 Pm from Delhi’s Indra Gandhi International Airport to London. I had a layover at Abu Dhabi for 7 hours. The flight number that I was supposed to board is EY 223. I checked in at 7 PM for a 9 o clock flight.

I got my boarding pass and I went and sat near my gate. I was very unwell and I had 101 degrees fever. I fell asleep there. I woke up 20 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off.

There was no one at the gate. I panicked and tried to figure out whats happening. Turns out I was sitting at the wrong gate. The gate number on my boarding pass said AO1, which was quite confusing.

It took me 10 minutes to figure out the right gate number and I reached there. The flight had not taken off and I requested the crew members to let me in. There were 3 women. EXTREMELY RUDE.

First sentence that one of the women said was in a very rude and loud tone which made everyone near by look at us. I told them I had to get to London anyhow and it was urgent and there was a confusion about the gate number, which was clearly their fault. They were literally yelling at me while I was crying like a baby. They didn’t understand my situation.

I was unwell, I couldn’t even stand properly PLUS I WAS WEEPING. They were sitting on the table and smiling and talking to each other. One woman was laughing and talking to the others and said: “Oh, when will will the flight leave, please go”, while I was standing right there. She was clearly trying to tease me and making a joke out of the situation.

I had no battery on my phone and I asked to at least lend me her phone so that I can call my father and ask him what to do. She smirked and ignored me. The second time, some other woman gave me the phone angrily. Complete lack of professionalism exhibited.

The ground staff at gate — were making snide remarks and sniggering especially that one woman. Not even a single effort was made to help me get on board. I was unwell and it was a human error and instead of being compassionate I was made to feel like I was had committed some awful crime. It’s fine if rules cannot be broken and one has a firm company policy but the treatment meted out was quite shocking.

On of the staff members took my passport and boarding passes and disappeared, saying he’s going to get my luggage back. I waited for about 1.5 hours there, completely helpless. No body is trying to help me, even when they could see me weeping. I thought I’d take the next flight but I couldn’t because they disappeared with passport.

He comes back and makes me roam around the airport with my heavy cabin suitcase, laptop bag and a hand bag. It was falling and I was tripping, but they didn’t care to help me with my bag or console me. After one hour of roaming around like this, I was made to wait for another half an hour and then I finally got my luggage. This was the worst day of my life.

Ironically, the airline is known for its hospitality.

There’s no compensation that can be made to undo what was done. But I still need a good compensation and need my refund!!! It was completely your goof up.

The gate number was confusing at first. And then you treat an unwell customer like this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etihad Airways Flight.

I didn't like: Custome service, Staffs, Paying for six flights that we were unable to take.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at Delhi Airport. If you wish to lodge a formal complaint you can do so by visiting the feedback section on our website.

Our Guest Relations team will then investigate this and come back to you. *Char

to EtihadHelp #1618201

I’ve done the same and I haven’t received any reply yet