Chengdu, Sichuan, China

On 8/26/2018, Etihad staff at Chengdu Shuangliu Airport refused to give me boarding pass because she said there was an issue about my passport photo. She said she had to contact US immigration officer to decide whether I can enter the US. However, when I asked her for the proof that how she contacted with US immigration department, she refused again and finally I missed the flight without any solutions. As a result, I bought the ticket from another carrier, and there was no any issue. Until now, there is no any feedback from Etihad. Below are my questions:

Does Etihad has rights to refuse me to board without any legal statement?

Does Etihad staff have rights to contact US immigration department?

When and How will Etihad solve this problem?

Product or Service Mentioned: Etihad Airways Customer Care.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi there, please send us a message on https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-us/contact-us/feedback/ and we will investigate what has happened and be in touch with you. Thank you. *Ari

to EtihadHelp #1553415

Hi, I did call the customer service on 8/28/18 (GMT) and the representative promised that I can get response for 4 business days and I waited with patience. However, there is no any call from Etihad after 4 business days and yesterday (9/4/18) I called it back with my reference number 659122.

And this time, the representative looked like he knew nothing and he cannot provide any response. Also, I had to repeated what happened that day.

When I said " there was a minor issue for my passport photo said by airplane staff, he replied" there were missing pages for my passport." this maybe the communication problem, but please give me response how can you solve this thing. I respect your compliant solving process and time, also, please respect mine.