1.3
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Quality of Food

I flew by Etihad Airways EY1537 departing from Helsinki at 14.10 pm on 7 January 2016 and travelling to Pakistan Lahore scheduled to be there at 13.50 pm on 8 January 2016.I suffered denied boarding, no meals or accommodation under Regulation EC261/2004, and lost luggage at the end of my journey.

I received property irregularity report at Lahore and sent a claim to feedback@etihad.ae and baggageclaims@etihad.ae back in January 2016. No compensation under EC 261/2004 for the delay and denied boarding or under Montreal Convention to pay for lost luggage and valuable items. According to their own terms and conditions published on their website.I circle and underline the facts that myself and family are entitled to €600 Euro per person, refund of travel tickets €1925 and out of pocket expenses which they did not provide. They include hotel accommodation, food, telephone calls etc.

The receipts of these out of pocket expenses are available.

I look forward to a response from them but if they ignore my claim, I shall seek appropriate legal remedies available to me under Regulation EC 261/2004 in the EU and under Montreal Convention in UAE.Anybody knows where to file an airline complaint in the United Arab Emirates?Please inform.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Compensation Under Regulation EC 261/2004 and Under Montreal Convention Article 22 Paragraph 1& 2.

I didn't like: Missing baggage, Baggage management, Staff attitude, No refund, Changing my flight without notification.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hi Hasan, since your case is from beginning of 2018, we are not able to assist anymore.We have checked your case and we saw that the denied boarding happened with airberlin, so they should have responded to your claim regarding the same.

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a response regarding your baggage, as our baggage team should reply to your requests to recover your bags. Unfortunately we are not able to assist you further now as the case is almost 2 years ago.

Thank you for your understanding.*Marc

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience. Please provide us with the case number to follow up with the case officer *Ali

to Anonymous #1410230

HI.I was given several reference numbers.

I quote them all here.

1. PVOGYC on January 14, 2016

2.INTR: 31951420 on January 14, 2016

3.INTR:31953675 on January 14, 2016

INTR: 31953690 on January 14, 2016

5.RQID: 421043 on February 1, 2016 6.RQID: 416300 on January 15, 2016 7.INTR: 35090351 on May 8, 2016 8.INTR: 35090352 on May 8, 2016 After that, you seized all communication and did not pay a single penny towards any compensation or informed why the alleged circumstances of denied boarding, delayed flight and lost luggage happened!