I was traveling on Etihad form US to India on Dec 15. On Dec 16th, I was in the transit airport of Frankfurt about to board EY 002 from Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi.

A racist German agent of Etihad refused to board me unless I paid for excess bag. When I told him that the ticket allowed me 2 checked in bags, this is what he had to say" I have been in this airport for 4 years and every day I deal with you Indians. If this was the Middle East, you will be kidnapped and your family will not know where to find you." SO much for customer service of Etihad. Even though the ticket clearly says 2 checked in bags allowed, I was charged $350 that too in transit airport of Frankfurt.

There were many passengers with similar complaints. We are fighting Etihad through a class action lawsuit and by filing our complaint with BBB.

My ticket was from US to India. I had filed a complaint with Etihad and have yet to hear from them.

Review about: Etihad Airways Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

EtihadHelp
Etihad Airways Verified Representative

Hello, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Kindly send us your case number to SocialMedia@eithad.ae and we will follow up on this for you. *Isi