Etihad Airways - Carry Bag Woes
Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever. More details to follow.
My issue discussed here is limited to the carry-on bag (or the cabin baggage). Etihad specifies, on their website, that the the dimensions of carryon bag (total of L+B+H) should be 115 cm which is similar to most airlines, including American Airlines.
If you look at the pictures below, American Airlines does not have those bars that Etihad Airways has in their baggage dimension checker. As a result, the effective dimensions which should be 115cm is really not 115 cm. So if you prepare for 115cm and come into the airport to board Etihad, you are in for a surprise because the bag will not fit these dimensions and you threaten to charge $300 if carry the baggage in question. What I am saying is the carryon baggage dimensions are effectively not 115 cm. Therefore, why don't you simply say it is 110 cm instead of lie that we can bring a bag with 115 cm dimensions?
Please note that this happened not just to me but several others that were there yesterday and most were very disappointed and angry.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am very disappointed in your services. I was SUPPOSE to have a flight out of Clarksburg, WV on July 7th, 2016, however, that did not happen. My flight was..."
- "I had a family emergency, and had to book my flight round trip, from Portland, Maine, to Tampa, Florida with a stop in Atlanta. I have always flown U.S. Air,..."
- "After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- " In the beginning of 2015, I attempted to pay some of my grocery bill at a Walmart and they would not count my less than $9 in change..."
- "To me it looks fake. This is what I found! !..."
- "I took my doggie to Petco for nail trimming and while I was there I asked about a bath and ear cleaning. I agreed to have her bathed and such...."