Etihad Airways - Carry Bag Woes
Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever. More details to follow.
My issue discussed here is limited to the carry-on bag (or the cabin baggage). Etihad specifies, on their website, that the the dimensions of carryon bag (total of L+B+H) should be 115 cm which is similar to most airlines, including American Airlines.
If you look at the pictures below, American Airlines does not have those bars that Etihad Airways has in their baggage dimension checker. As a result, the effective dimensions which should be 115cm is really not 115 cm. So if you prepare for 115cm and come into the airport to board Etihad, you are in for a surprise because the bag will not fit these dimensions and you threaten to charge $300 if carry the baggage in question. What I am saying is the carryon baggage dimensions are effectively not 115 cm. Therefore, why don't you simply say it is 110 cm instead of lie that we can bring a bag with 115 cm dimensions?
Please note that this happened not just to me but several others that were there yesterday and most were very disappointed and angry.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My parents and I took Megabus from Bristol to London and we have had the worst experience EVER. A group of barbarians (from the jungle/forest) were shouting throughout the journey..."
- "Dear United Airline Customer Care, My name is Ning Wu. I have purchased UA tickets of RIC to NKG, Feb. 10, 2016 and NKG to RIC, Feb. 24, 2016. United Conf#..."
- "I'm highly recommening for anyone thinking to take any trip on Megabus especially out of New Orleans not too. You'll be standing out in the elements for hours . In..."
- "This is the very firat time that i have used this and trust me that when i say this, i will never use this ever again. My hair is coming..."
- "Bernard Tyson's domestic violence file is one of the hottest google searches in history. Bernard Tyson is a scammer,sinner,fornicator and a womanizer,wife beater.Many are stating that a resignation is imminent...."
- "I purchased a CASHMERE sweater from Modlily. A week later, I received a cheap cotton knit sweatshirt. When I complained and sent pictures I was told, "our price..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."