Etihad Airways - Carry Bag Woes

12 of 283 Etihad Airways reviews

Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever. More details to follow.

My issue discussed here is limited to the carry-on bag (or the cabin baggage). Etihad specifies, on their website, that the the dimensions of carryon bag (total of L+B+H) should be 115 cm which is similar to most airlines, including American Airlines.

If you look at the pictures below, American Airlines does not have those bars that Etihad Airways has in their baggage dimension checker. As a result, the effective dimensions which should be 115cm is really not 115 cm. So if you prepare for 115cm and come into the airport to board Etihad, you are in for a surprise because the bag will not fit these dimensions and you threaten to charge $300 if carry the baggage in question. What I am saying is the carryon baggage dimensions are effectively not 115 cm. Therefore, why don't you simply say it is 110 cm instead of lie that we can bring a bag with 115 cm dimensions?

Please note that this happened not just to me but several others that were there yesterday and most were very disappointed and angry.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
12 of 283 Etihad Airways reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Nov 19 #1242914 Terre Haute, Indiana, United States

Same thing happened with me at o'hare..and i am using same carry on since 4 years and no problem with any other airlines...

0 0 Reply
EtihadHelp

Oct 23 #1230953

Etihad Airways verified representative

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us your feedback and we regret to hear that you haven't had a great experience on board.
Please share with us all the details at socialmedia@etihad.ae and we will be able to lodge a formal complaint for you.
We thank you for contacting us.
Yours sincerely,
*Ary

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.